The Distributed European School of Taxonomy (DEST, www.taxonomytraining.eu) continues to provide a high quality training that prepares students for future taxonomic careers. Courses are open to participants from Europe and outside of Europe.
Upcoming courses within the Modern Taxonomy programme:
- DNA-Barcoding course (Paris, 19-23 March 2012)
- Basics of taxonomy: describing, illustrating and writing biodiversity (Kristineberg, 16 - 27 April 2012)
- Biological Nomenclature (Paris, 28 May - 1 June 2012)
Upcoming courses within the Expert-in-training programme:
- Entomological research in protected areas (1 week in May-June 2012, Firenze, Italy)
- Eco-ethological peculiarities and morphological taxonomy in defining uniqueness of island populations: Podarcis Lacertid lizards (1 week in June 2012, Aeolian Islands, Italy)
The Scratchpad training courses for 2012 are now open for registration on the training page http://scratchpads.eu/scratchpad-training-courses. We are offering several basic and advanced courses as well as Scratchpad 2 updater sessions for current maintainers to familiarise themselves with the upcoming new version!